To be a community that loves, encourages, and supports families throughout their adoptive and foster care journey.
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
NETWORK 1.27 THIS SUMMER
In the summer we take a break from our normal schedule and have some fun family activities planned.
- SUMMER MEET UP | THURSDAY, JULY 20 | 9:30 a.m.
Join us at Blackhoof Park, 9053 Monticello. Bring snacks and spend the morning with us!
- BEACH BASH | THURSDAY, AUGUST 10 | 6 p.m.
You won't want to miss our annual end of Summer BEACH BASH at Lake Quivira. Dinner, boat rides, swimming and sand! Registration is required for this event!
TRAUMA COMPETENT CAREGIVER TRAINING
Thursday, August 31 9a-4p
Friday, September 1 9a-3p
This two-day workshop will cover:
• The Impact of Trauma on the Life of a Child: addresses the essential skills of trauma informed care, defines types of trauma, and examines the impact of trauma on child development
• Understanding and Navigating the Emotional and Behavioral Needs of Traumatized Children: introduces practical strategies and tools.
• Using the Skills of a Trauma Competent Caregiver: focus is about applying the knowledge gained. Participants will have the opportunity to practice key learning strategies.
Cost is $25 per person, materials and lunch included both days.
ALL GROUPS BREAK FOR SUMMER AND RESUME IN SEPTEMBER
- FOSTER ADOPTION NETWORK | 1st Thursday/Month | 6-7:30p
This group is for any foster or adoptive parent or those in the process. Adults enjoy fellowship, dinner and a speaker while the kids enjoy an evening planned especially for them—and pizza! This group, including dinner and childcare is free with advance registration. We look forward to serving your family.
- MOM SQUAD | 2nd Thursday/Month | 6:30p
This group is for any woman who is either a foster or adoptive mom or considering foster care or adoption. Join us for fellowship, insight and refreshments.
- FOSTER ADOPTION SUPPORT GROUP | DAYS TBD
This group is to serve as a lifeline for any foster or adoptive family in-the-trenches on their adoptive and foster care journey.
FOSTER ADOPTION SUPPORT GROUP
RESUMES IN SEPTEMBER
Cup of FAITH Foster and Adoption Support is a new LifeLine that is designed to provide foster and adoptive parents with Foster and Adoption Insights and encouragement during the Trials that can be part of this journey and Hope in God who is faithful to equip us for this calling. Sometimes the journey will be overflowing with joy, and other times it will draining through difficulties and loneliness. Together, we will draw on our experiences wherever we are on the path and refill each other’s cups. Leaders: Russ & Tiffany Hightower, to join contact them at: firstname.lastname@example.org
SERVE FOSTER AND ADOPTIVE FAMILIES
Eager to learn how you can come alongside those caring for the orphan? Consider using your time, talent and treasure to serve foster and adoptive families in our community. If you would like to learn about some ways or be assigned a family to serve on a monthly basis by taking a meal, providing a few hours of childcare, cleaning, household projects, let us know!
We serve foster/adoptive families & adoptees. If this is you, we would love to connect.